Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Dreamed A Dream...(Les Miserables)

I dreamed of pipes along the fence
When pipes were high and off the ground
I dreamed that pipes would never dent
I dreamed of pipes perfectly round

Then horses always stayed away
The sprinkler pipes were safely hanging
There were no horses to feed hay
No pipes were dented by hooves banging

But the horses come at night
With their neighs as soft as thunder
As they tear the pipes apart
And they act like nothing’s wrong

Kathy would not hear my cries
My days were filled with endless wonder
The horses swatted at the flies!
But kicked the pipes when darkness came!

And still I dream of pipes dent free
That horses would not watch me leave
They know that no one will believe
They kick the sprinkler pipes to spite me

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living,
So different now from what it seemed...
The horses killed the dream I dreamed...

1 comment:

The Wettstein Family said...

I can't stop laughing. Can't. Stop.

Pipe Dreams