This is Matt writing. I guess it's time I contribute to the page. Here's my first song in years. It's a parody to Billy Joel's, Piano Man.
The Project Man
It’s nine o’clock on a Saturday
A project’s about to begin
Last week’s project’s a pile in the other room
A mass of old steel and tin
He says, son, can you pass me the welding torch
It’s a hitch that he’ll make with his gear
It’s a little bazaar to pull a boat with a car
But it’s something he’s dreamed of for years
La la la, de de da
La la, de de da da da
Chorus:
He’s building a truck, he’s the project man
He’s starting a barn tonight
He hates wearing shoes, he’ll work in bare feet
Working hard while he watches the pipes
Now the space in the house is a little tight
Mom wants a new place to sleep
He draws up a design that’ll work out just fine
This was way back in ‘83
He worked on it hard for a couple of years
But with time his will had just sunk
Now the years have been fun, but it still isn’t done
At least they’ve got space for their junk
Oh, la la la, de de da
La la, de de da da da
Project man is a social class specialist
Shares a joke, then he slips out in style
Then he jumps in his car to drive out of Hyde Park
She knows he’ll be gone for a while
Now he’s reading his emails of politics
As the Saturday slowly slips by
He’d better move fast to get the garden in
Cause on Sunday he’ll be in Dubai
Chorus
It’s a pretty slow day for a Saturday
And Matt hasn’t come for a while
Now if I call him up wrong; well it won’t last too long
All I hear is the tone of the dial
Well I head on down to the corner house
I guess it’s time I face my fears
I just walk right up, tell him, “Pretty nice truck.”
He just says, “I aint touched it in years.”
Oh, la la la, de de da
La la, de de da da da
Chorus
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment